Substitute
I visited the Wings over the Rockies Museum at Lowry Airforce base on Saturday October 11Th. It is a converted Hanger which has other uses for it rather than just the museum. It contains a number of different aircraft which have been flown, new and old. There is also a history of the airbase, and the person for whom it was named for. There is also a bit of history for when it was the Air Force Academy before the current Air Force Academy was built. There is also an exhibit on Space Travel since a few astronauts are from Colorado. Plus Lockheed Martin donated some parts of space craft and exhibits to the museum. There is also an exhibit dedicated to the China-India-Burma Campaign during WWII. There are also a lot of models which were created of many different planes which have been built over the years. Also, there is a section dedicated to President Eisenhower when he came to Colorado during his presidency. The exhibits seem like they have been the same for a long period of time, just increasing or changing when people donate things to the museum. There are airplanes which are being restored within the museum. When I walked in, I was amazed at what the museum contained. When I visited, there was a party being set up which was MASH themed, so that added to the amazement. I enjoyed my visit, learning about the history of the Air Force base and seeing all of the cool exhibits. I would recommend this museum to others to visit. A question I had was seeing all of the different models and learning some about the history of flight.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment